Thursday, October 22, 2009

I went to my 20th year class reunion in September (wow, how time flies), and this was our first reunion. I had a ball!!! I didn't hang out with a lot of people in high school because I was reserved and shy, but I remembered everyone who were there. I didn't remember a lot of names, but I remembered faces. So I had purchased the Your Story by Provo and what a perfect first project to test the machine on. So I took my camera and took photos, and luckily I got some photos from the fabulous photographer. I will give him a shot-out. His business name is:

J. Forest Photography
John Forest
phone: 800-717-9898
website:
http://www.jforestphotography.com/

He took some beautiful photos, and I'm told he photographed a couple (who were there at the reunion) wedding photos. I would recommend him for any photo opt you may need done in the Detroit Metropolitan area. He may travel, I'm not sure, but contact him. Anyway, I couldn't just let those beautiful photos sit in a box, so I put this book together. I used the 8 1/2"x11" black binder and laminated 14 pages. I used the Office Depot 5 mm, 8 1/2" x 10" photo laminated paper (which is thick), so that's why I had to use a plastic binder to attach the laminated pages and then I glued it with the glue gun to the black binder. I decorated the front with this beautiful black cardstock I purchased from Michaels (which looks and feels like fabric), and I purchased a 3" black ribbon and attached it around the binder to hide the glue marks and to be able to tie to book together on the front to give it a sophisicated look.

It took me about a week to put everything together as far as picking out the photos I wanted to put in the book, and the cardstock colors I wanted to use and adhering the photos to the cardstock and cutting down the cardstock to fit into the laminating paper. So I had fun exploring, but I'm happy with the outcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment